To help us meet our commitment, please follow these guidelines when creating PowerPoint slides and posters to be shown at the conference and subsequently posted to the website.
- Each slide or poster should have a unique title.
- All fonts should be a minimum of 24 points.
- The document should utilize recommended fonts, e.g., Palatino, Georgia, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, and Helvetica.
- If color is used to emphasize the importance of selected text or convey other meaning, an alternate method (such as bold text) should also be used. Use patterns or textures in addition to color in charts.
- Avoid using flickering, flashing, and animated text.
- All URLs should contain the correct hyperlinks and display the fully qualified URLs (e.g., http://www.arl.org not www.arl.org).
- All active links should resolve to the correct destinations.
- All graphics that convey information should have alternative text associated with them. (In PowerPoint, right-click the graphic, click “Format object,” click the “Alt Text” pane and enter a brief description of the graphic.)
- In PowerPoint, fill in the Document Properties of Author, Title, Subject, Keywords, and Language under the “Summary” and “Custom” tabs. (On a Mac, see File–>Properties; on a PC, see File–>Info.)